MY PHILOSOPHY:

Life is hard. Life is good. Show your love. Be yourself. Practice-self care.

Saturday, February 15, 2014

20 THINGS YOU MAY NOT KNOW ABOUT ME

A friend of mine recently posted 20 things about herself on her blog and inspired me to do so as well. It makes it more personal and I always enjoy learning about the writers of things I read. So here goes, 20 things about me that you may not know.


1) I’ve always wanted to learn Inupiaq but I’ve always been too embarrassed to do so

2) I like films in general but I love horror, creature-feature and sci-fi films, including psychological thrillers

3) I no longer eat beef, poultry (including eggs), pork, store-bought fish, or dairy

4) On that note, I do eat ANYTHING that is traditional Inupiaq food. More on this decision later

5) I prefer to eat things by size and color: smallest to largest, lightest to darkest. Why I do this I don’t know but it seems to provide some sort of comfort

6) I had buck teeth as a child

7) Although I live in Alaska, I have never seen Denali (Mt. McKinley) up close and personal

8) I have recently become infatuated with Stephen Hawking and his genius mind

9) I would love to be a cosmologist but I’m sure my non-genious mind couldn’t hack it

10) Of all my parents and siblings, I am the only one who originates from my mom and dad, thus making me the original, the one-and-only. That’s how I like to see it anyway

11) I lived in France for 8 months, teaching English to middle-school students

Eiffel Tower, Paris, New Years Eve.
12) French people were initially cold towards the American student but warmed up immediately once they found out the American student was actually from Alaska. “Oh, l’Alaska!” they would exclaim and would then ask a bunch of questions

13) I didn’t enjoy the teaching so much but overall the experience was amazing

14) While living in France, I had the opportunity to travel to Morocco during spring break

15) While in Morocco, I was called “la Chinoise,” which means Chinese in French. They thought I was Asian
Fes, Morocco at the Medina. We hired a guide to show us around, otherwise we would have gotten lost.
16) “What came before time, space and the universe as we know it?” are things I think about, often

17) If the universe is expanding, what is it expanding into?

18) I prefer not to kill bugs unless I really have to

19) I think music has the ability to change one’s life

20) I often forget where I park my car but I don’t want it to appear like I’ve forgotten where I parked, so I walk around nonchalantly as if I know where my car is until I actually find it

No comments:

Post a Comment